Driffield Golf Club is a Community Amateur Sports Club and membership is open to the whole community and experienced golfers and beginners are equally welcome. The club regularly runs coaching courses for beginners and improvers: for details please contact the club professional on 01377 253116 Extension 2.
Golf can be played at any age and there are sections at the club to suit men and women of all ages. For more information on the many benefits of membership please go to our Membership Details page or use the contact form below.
Benefits: The Golf Itself
* Accept the challenge of one of East Yorkshire’s finest 18 hole layouts
* Play the easy-walking course, regularly praised for its excellent condition
* Enjoy the superb parkland setting every time you play
* Acquire and maintain a CONGU handicap – accepted worldwide
* Play competitive golf
* Easy tee booking procedure.
* Play at “members only” tee times.
* Apply for Yorkshire Union County Card to play at affiliated clubs at lower fees
* Register for the English Golf Union Card for on line handicap and member benefits
* Enjoy reciprocal arrangements to book golf at 14 neighbouring clubs at reduced rates.
* applies to Full 5 and 4 day membership only.
Benefits: The Social Side
* Enjoy the camaraderie of a friendly and welcoming membership
* Make use of the spacious clubhouse with full bar and catering facilities
* Take part in social activities throughout the year
Who Can Join?
* Driffield Golf Club is a Community Amateur Sports Club and membership is open to the whole community
* Experienced golfers and beginners are equally welcome.
* Golf can be played at any age and there are sections of the club to suit men and women of all ages.
The different options and subscription levels are shown below and there are ways to spread the cost of membership across the year. A member may upgrade their membership to a higher level at any time on payment of the balance of fees for the year.
Prices stated are subject to change without prior notice. Please contact the office on 01377 253116 Option 1, or email email@example.com to confirm the current rates.
*Octogenarian Members shall be Full or 5 Day Members who have attained the age of 80 and have 20 years continuous playing membership at Driffield Golf Club.
|Subscription Rates (1st April 2021 - 31st March 2022)||Amount|
|Full Membership (Ladies & Gentlemen)||£780.00|
|5 Day Membership (Ladies & Gentlemen)||Currently full|
|4 Day Low/Modest Income (CASC)**||£520.00|
|Octogenarian 5 Day*||£335.00|
|Country Membership (Ladies & Gentlemen)||£380.00|
|Low Use Membership||£315.00|
|Under 16 Yrs||£55.00|
|35 Years and Over||Full Playing Rate|
|Twilight Golf||Green Fee - £16.00|
|Practice Range Membership||£85.00|
Numbers may be limited and entry or transfer to this category will be at the discretion on the Management Committee
* Play on course Mondays to Fridays and certain weekend competitions
* Play mid week competitions and obtain a CONGU handicap.
* Bar discount and use of all social facitlities
Number of rounds per year restricted to 15 full or 30 half rounds by arrangement through the professional shop. any unused rounds may not be carried over to the following year.
* Play Monday to Friday in off peak times between 09.30 - 12.00 and after 1.30pm.
* Play Weekends after 16.00 (Summer) and after 13.30 (Winter)
* Bar discount and use of all social facilities
* Obtain a CONGU handicap
* Play in Thursday competitions in off peak times
* Use of practice facitities
For Ladies & Gentlemen.
Country Membership is available to those who have their full-time residence at least 35 miles from the Driffield Golf Club and are a member of another golf club in a category of membership equivalent a full member at Driffield Golf Club. Membership is for one year and starts April 1st to 31st March the following year. Benefits of Country membership include access to tee booking system, 7 day golf, membership tee times, discount card for drinks and food.
A great entry path into Golf for all ages
The Academy Associate membership is valid for three months use of the practice ground and the club house. During the three months may play 5 rounds of 9 holes from the Blue Tees; tee time booked through the professional shop and not during reserved times. There will also be a briefing on the rules and etiquette of golf for new players.
In addition, should the associate member wish to become a full member the £99 fee would be deducted from the full membership fee in the first year, if the person becomes a member immediately following the Academy Associate membership.
Driffield Golf Club believes that golf should be accessible and affordable to all members of our community including valued LGTBQ* and ethnic communities. Inclusion and development is at the heart of our Club.
As a club with Community Amateur Sports Club (CASC) status, we are pleased to offer the opportunity for local people who cannot afford the full subscription rate, a 4-day membership subscription. Those eligible to take up this category must be able to demonstrate that their personal circumstances are such that they will be unable to afford the full membership subscription. All applications must be made in writing to the Honorary Secretary. Applications will be treated confidentially and applicants must provide documentary evidence of eligibility. New 4 day members will be able to play the course anytime on a Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday and after 1 pm Monday and Wednesday, (subject to tee time availability). All members that are accepted to the club under this new category will enjoy identical voting rights and privileges to our other standard categories of membership.
*We are proud supporters of the England Golf Rainbow Laces campaign, tackling the inequality that exists in the activity levels of LGTBQ people by challenging their belief that sports clubs are not welcoming to them. The campaign celebrates people being able to be their authentic self and our club and sport allows them to be part of this.